Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Yellen Hints at ZIRP Until 2015

edited April 2012 in Off-Topic

Comments

• Ummm....if Europe is two years behind the U.S. in the economy mode; 2015 may do it ! That would allow for the unemployment rate to be at 7% and a possible upturn in the existing housing market in the U.S.
  • Reply to @catch22: I agree, I think around 2014-2015 we might have worked out the excess inventory and foreclosures that banks could withstand short term interest rates increases. Meanwhile if long term interests move a bit up meantime banks will making a lot of money borrowing at close to 0 from Fed and lending at higher rates.

If you guys remember, I was telling Europe was behind the curve in policies when we were back at Fund Alarm. People at that time were saying dollar is gone and Euro is the new reserve. Their delay in implementing the right policies suitable with the actual reality actually cost Europe a lot more.
  • Yep, I do remember. Good call!