Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Customer Stock Ownership Plan

edited May 2012 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited May 2012
    There was more discussion of this a year or so ago when there was a service on CNBC that was going to let people buy through social media - I don't know what happened to that, or maybe this is the eventual result. That said, their whole "thing" was that if the retail investor is a shareholder, they would have a greater fondness and connection to the product or service. Being a shareholder would create loyalty, in other words.

Not sure how people are going to feel about the product or service when the stock tanks, but that was the whole theory.
  • edited May 2012
  • Reply to @Maurice: I believe that most Green Bay stock holders have the stock certificates sealed in a time capsule and buried with them. I guess we'll find out in a thousand years when the archeologists check it out.
  • Reply to @Maurice: The Green Bay packers thing didn't pay a dividend or anything though - they may as well have sold baseball cards. It was a souvenir like anything else. Sports fans who want to buy stock can buy MSG (Madison Square Garden.) But yeah, to me, it's sort of a misguided attempt to create a branding campaign.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As such things damned well should be!.
  • edited May 2012