Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How banks bought Tea Party

2»

Comments

• Hi Mo,

Hope you're doing well. Indeed, I agree. Way too much gov't involved in economic things. The limited resources the states have should be spent for education, protecting the environment and building infrastructure. You take care of these three items and all the other problems are greatly reduced. At the Federal level, you've got to bring the troops home and protect the shores and stop being the worlds cop. We cannot afford it, nor should we have to. You could improve both the quality and technology of our military and still cut $200B off the defense budget.

oh well,

peace,

rono
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2012
    Total baloney. No one "forced him to delete his comments through intimidation". A number of posters certainly did observe that his comments failed to meet the test of reasonableness or logic, and amounted to an incoherent spewing of hatred. If he feels that way, fine- so, apparently, do lots of others. In this country such rants are certainly allowed. Please note, though, that being allowed is not the same thing as allowing to go unchallenged.

And that is exactly what occurred. John's post was challenged on it's merits (or lack thereof) and he chose to withdraw it- he was not forced to withdraw it. A serious difference there, Maurice.

You folks do seem to get a little upset when anyone dares to contradict your opinions and offer a differing perspective. Quite alright for other folk's blood to boil, just as long as it isn't yours. Pretty one-sided, but nothing much new there either.
  • edited June 2012
    Reply to @Old_Joe: "You folks do seem to get a little upset when anyone dares to contradict your opinions and offer a differing perspective. Quite alright for other folk's blood to boil, just as long as it isn't yours. Pretty one-sided, but nothing much new there either."

This thread has gone beyond political into hilarious.
  • edited June 2012
    Reply to @scott: I agree. Not sure that Maurice sees it that way, though.
  • Reply to @Maurice: I didn't attack John. In fact I like John, as much as one can like someone you never met. I didn't think he should have removed his post if that is how he really felt. I said the comments he made were ignorant. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge or awareness. I thought his blaming pretty much every problem in the world on one man seemed to lack "knowledge or awareness." Wouldn't you agree? Maybe not. In fact to me the post was a diatribe straight out of right wing radio, in that it wouldn't matter what side of the argument Obama took or what he has done or tried to do. The response from right wing media pundits would be negative if not hateful. I tried to give examples of that in my first response.

So I agree - total baloney.
  • Reply to @Maurice: Maurice, your accusation is unfair. I kept my discussion on this topic rather unpolitical despite attempts to pull me in other directions. I find your post unfortunate. In particular, the character assassination part.

I could have posted a long and lengthy reply to John but I did not. He could have kept his original reply and I wish he did that now.