Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Interesting link, thanks for posting. My takeaway from it is that the rally may survive the likely failure of Trump's legislative agenda, so long as his administration doesn't totally implode or blunder into a foreign policy disaster.
  • "blunder into a foreign policy disaster" Hmmm. So far he's managed to honk off Mexico, Australia, Great Britain, Germany, probably all Muslim-centric nations and Sweden. Who knows how many others? They are baiting North Korea at present. I see continuation down this road as the most likeliest of possibilities leading up to a black swan event.

For a system (the market) that doesn't like uncertainty I'm surprised that it's stood up so well up to this point.
  • They are baiting North Korea at present.
    Yes, they are using the good cop and bad cop approach. First, DT said North Korea behaved badly and China has not help. RE said all military options are opened, then he goes to China to put pressure to find a solution. THAD already deployed in South Korea. Let's hope they learned diplomacy is always the first solution before they pissed off all parties and ask for help later. afterall this does not equate to doing a business deal.