Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Catch: "Unplugged"..... Time for QE-ME

edited May 2012 in Off-Topic
Okay, every which way with the QE's, building and funding solar and battery places that didn't stand a chance in hell against the Chinese product (which could have been defined with some similar fundamental thinking). But, that is past (kinda) and gee it sure looks good on paper for those folks not paying attention to how "our" money is tossed about for benefit of an election.
As we know that a ba-zillion of dollars has been placed here and there with all of the wonders of the complete attention of congress shining through some of its finest days for the past 3 years; the president and party have had their grand plans too, and of course the Fed and Treasury remain on an anticipated course of actions.
As long as the debt is what it is and money is free to burn at will; it is now time for QE-ME.
Each and every citizen with a SS# with have a $5,000 check cut to them through the end of 2012. This is non-taxable monies; and to be spent as one or a family chooses. All newborns will also receive this money through year end, as their SS# is placed into the systems. Note: those serving prison/jail time would have the monies held in a special account for 5 years after release.
Yes, some of the money will be for drugs and other poor spending habits. Perhaps the robbery and other crime rates will drop for a few months. That is the way the cookie crumbles and these social problems will not be fixed in my lifetime; so let us put that on the rear burner.
The census bureau indicates the U.S. population at 312 million as of a few minutes ago. $5k times this allows for a total outlay of about $1.6 trillion. This is just a drop in the bucket for today's numbers.
I'll bet our portfolio that at least 75% of this money would find its way back into the economy in a productive manner.

End of thought.....................

My best to you all,
Catch

Comments

• edited May 2012
    I'm sure that will probably happen. There was a citi analyst who said the same thing in a report a month or so ago.

Added: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/citis-buiter-plan-z-unleash-helicopter-money
  • Actually, if you remember, that's already been done... what was it- about four years ago? I remember getting our check for about $200 from the gummint- and indeed we did spend it on frivolity.
  • Hi OJ,

Bushy Jr. gave us a $600 credit thingy several years ago. We recycled the money back into the local economy via a small home re-do/fix.
    But, gotta be at least $5k/folk to begin to make any dent. 'Course all income tax could be eliminated for one tax year, too. I don't find much too lose no matter what plan to get money into the hands of the regular folks; as the hole in the side of the ship is still taking on water.

Regards,
    Catch