Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Rondure fund holdings

For those interested, full holdings for both funds (as of 5/31) have been posted...

rondureglobal.com/holdings/rosix-rosox

rondureglobal.com/holdings/rnwix-rnwox

Comments

• Good, thanks. I called a month or so ago and was told not to expect full holdings disclosure until after the end of Q3. Sure hope the right hand knows what the left hand is doing in this new joint venture.
  • Looks like it is heavily weighted to the consumer.
  • Ms. Geritz has always had a significant consumer bias.
  • The market cap comparisons tend to differentiate this from the GP offerings, and that might lead to an examination of this versus Seafarer. I really like the mix here, both in the developed and frontier plays.

I hope these become available on the Schwab platform.

• According to my rough calculations 11.65 % of the Rondure Overseas Fund's holdings are also in the Rondure New World Fund, but these stocks do not make up equal portions of the two funds. (One will have a smaller position in a commonly held stock than the other). Doing it the other way I found that 9.89 % of the New World Fund can be found (not in equal proportion) in the Overseas Fund. Since I own shares of the Grandeur Peak Global Stalwarts Fund I also calculated that 15.66% of the Overseas Fund's holdings can also be found in the GP Global Stalwarts Fund (in a different proportion) and 14.6% of the holdings of the New World Fund are also in the GP Global Stalwarts Fund (in a different proportion.) The overlap of stocks between the two Rondure funds does *not* coincide with the overlap between either Rondure Fund and Grandeur Peak Global Stalwarts.

I was not able to calculate the proportion of stocks in Global Peak Global Stalwarts that are also in a Rondure Fund. It seems to be small proportion.
  • I also noted that the New World Fund has a small position in a health care company in Bangladesh and another in a telecom company in an imaginary country called "Bangledesh". Typos happen, sure. But listing these as 2 different countries gives me pause. I suppose a computer may be responsible for this.
  • Typos everywhere. I keep offering my proofreading services, but no one these days who's in charge anywhere gives a crap about being accurate and professional about the matter.
  • I sent a message to Rondure pointing out the error and hesitantly cc-d Laura Geritz. She personally responded, quickly and warmly. I am still smiling.
  • @MFO Members; Lets be careful before we crown Ms. Geritz the new Peter Lynch !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Ben
    I sent a message to Rondure pointing out the error and hesitantly cc-d Laura Geritz. She personally responded, quickly and warmly. I am still smiling.
    Good on ya! I've received the same attention.

Best!
  • Not only did she respond, she followed through as she said she would. Later that day "the land of bangles" vanished from the website. Yes, this has nothing to do with investment skill. This has to do with good character.
  • I'll take outperforming a benchmark...
  • She did a pretty darn good job of beating both her peers and benchmarks with the funds she managed at Wasatch. Unlike Grandeur Peak she seems to have left without the team of Wasatch people that GP walked away with so I'd be more concerned about the team she's able to build rather than her own abilities. I don't think there's much question that she's benefitting from GP's team of managers and analysts even if it's more process than specific stocks but she's also running different portfolios than she has before. Her funds at Wasatch were small to mid cap offerings. Even though no information is available about the average market cap for her current funds, the names and the dialogue suggest she'll be larger cap than any of her previous funds and I'd consider that a tougher place to compete. Like some others here I'm happy to watch and wait for a while but I wouldn't want to bet against her any more than I want to be a complete believer yet.