Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

401k Cap!

2»

Comments

• TedTed
    edited October 2017
    @PRESSmUP &MikeM: I'm sure your aware the Browns have a proud history. They reached the post-season playoffs 22 times in their first 40 years in the NFL. In addition to their four NFL championships between 1950 and 1964, they won 11 NFL American/Eastern Conference championships, three NFL Century Division titles and AFC Central Division championships in 1971, 1980, 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1989.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Yes Ted, being a native of northern Ohio, I am aware of the Brown's history. I also once had six pack abs. And in Cleveland, all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average
  • It was commonly (and I guess possibly incorrectly) understood, back when the Browns won what was considered the world championship w/ a QB who had his doctorate in math and I was playing HS football in northern Ohio, that the name came from the owner. (For sure it would not have been for the boxer; one NFL site says from a 1945 fan poll.)
  • Did you know that the Cleveland Browns Company LLC offers an 401K plan to over 300 participants and received a Brightscope rating of 83 which outperforms the Tampa Bay Rays Ltd. by over 14 points? Just trying to stay on topic.

Cleveland-Browns-Football-Company-Llc -Cleveland-Browns-Retirement-Savings-Plan/
  • excellent
    I shall try and sign up based on my HS yardage
    Using the name Frank Ryan or Gary Collins or Paul Warfield