Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

WCPBX/WCPNX

Just curious what others think about this intermediate bond fund, now that it has a 3-year record behind it with current managers. It is designated as a Great Owl on MFO. Looks like reasonable expenses, fairly low duration, good SD and SR, along with a good upside/downside capture ratio. It hasn't had a great year but that could be due its high stake in treasuries (38%) right now. That may help it when there is a correction in equities, however. Any thoughts on this fund?

Comments

• WCPBX WCPNX
  • TedTed
    edited November 2017
    @willmatt72 & MFO Members: May be to early to tell, but so far I'm not impressed with this intermediate bond fund. I still like DODIX, in the intermediate bond fund space, with lower ER and higher yield, and a excellent long-term track record.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • I would say it's too early to tell, as WCPNX has it beat with a higher 3-year return with lower SD, and higher SR. It will be interesting to see how it does over the long term or with a correction.