Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

thank you scott

edited August 2012 in Fund Discussions
i used to pop up on the old fund alarm,i still own a old rono favorite permanent portfolio (prpfx),and picked up a couple funds scott talked about here. aqr risk parity (aqrix) and pimco unconstrained bond fund (pfiux).thanks for the insight on unconstrained.just picked it up today,and risk parity has done great for me and seems to be a steady fund in up and down markets.thanks again great info on this sight.

Comments

• I'll second that. This is a great site to find the steady eddie funds in tight rising channels which are my cup of tea.
  • Put me down there too... Scott has been a great help to me in introducing alternate and sector funds. Amazing guy- pretty young, but thinks like a guy with experience well beyond his years. He's a born financial cynic, and that helps a lot.
  • Let me also throw in my thanks to Scott. FPACX is a fund he proposed early on around the 2008 period that has become a staple and largest holding in my 401k portfolio. Scott, you are a heck of a contributor to MFO!

Some times the memory gets fuzzy about where you hear first about funds. But many of the funds I own came from contributors on FundAlarm and now MFO. I own funds first highlighted to me by posters like Scott, BobC, rono, fundmentals (remember him?), and of course David.There have been plenty of other posters with great suggestions that I've researched, but you can't buy everything. Recently, in the last few months, I've purchased PGDPX and PONDX that I first saw in posts by Kevindow and Bee (by the way, I really like the diversity and total dividend return focus of PGDPX - thanks again Kevin.)

So many great ideas come out of this discussion board. Thanks to all.
  • My many, many thanks to Scott also, as well as several other members here who have continually given me such great support and help. I am continually amazed and grateful at the amount of time so many here take to respond to my many questions. And Scott is definitely someone I can always count on to help me out.
  • Thank you all so much for your kind words! I greatly appreciate it and am always happy to try to help. I also added to Risk Parity (AQRNX) recently, as it continues to be a nice, consistent performer and not tightly correlated to the movement of the market. I also own Pimco Unconstrained and will likely add to the position in coming months.