Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A modest suggestion... p/OJ

edited May 2011 in Off-Topic
Since evidently it is not technically possible/desirable for the name of the original poster to appear in a thread once additional comments are made, how about if we ID in the title bar, as in "[p/OJ]"? Awkward, but it does the job.

Comments

• edited November 2011
  • I guess we been singing the same song on that one. Its a shame cant see who put forth the topic under discussion.
  • Didn't realize you guys had already been here. What the hell, let's just do it ourselves and see if it catches on?
  • edited November 2011
  • Hell, my entire life has been a continuing experiment with authority. Come to think of it, so is any married man's.
  • Well, lookit that... we already got Mark to join in!:-))
  • edited November 2011
  • Really don't need a groundswell... I think that many of the FAers are naturally curious, and once they see this for a while they'll join in. Thinking of folks like Max, rono, Skeeter, and a whole bunch of the regulars.

If we can get a reasonable number of folks to use the convention, then maybe we can make a more persuasive case to the technical mgm't.
  • you see, OJ, and you worried the MFO could be boring. it's what you make of it...
  • edited May 2011
    Oh Oh / Egg on my face! OJ I didnt fully comprehend your post. Another one of them senior moments. So I went off to meditate on the problem and came up with the same solution you had already posted! Posted the same "new" idea over in the technical section but will delete it if so requested. Sorry to step on your line. eom hank.
  • As long as you don't step on my schwantz there's no prob!
  • Hey there kiddo... my mission in life is to subvert authority whenever possible!
    :-))
  • edited November 2011
  • edited May 2011
    Nope. Never thought of that. Did consider maybe him and Roy are using us as lab specimens in some weird experiment involving parallel universes.
  • Hey, OJ...........I found a "schwanz" definition online; BUT not "schwantz".
    Is "schwantz" a plural form??? :):):):)

Take care,
    Catch
  • You mean hes got 2?
  • At my age I'm doin' good to have 1/2!