Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How would you describe your current equity allocation?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Reply to @MaxBialystock: Yeah, they said so for QEI, QEII and other stuff. Exchange rates goes up and down. And dollar recover after a while after the previous rounds.

A weaker dollar is actually better for our exports and economy at this time. It stimulates our exports and industrial production and consequently jobs.
  • Yes, that's what's supposed to happen. The rapid-fire computerized trading has divorced the Markets from Main Street, methinks. Look at what happened to oil yesterday. I heard remarks today on Bloomberg to the effect that QE3 will juice the Markets, but not do much good for anyone at the grocery store or local repair shop. Makes sense to me--- unfortunately. The way things have become, it seems to me that there are separate worlds, now: The Markets, and then Consumer-land, which must simply live with and adjust to what the goddam f*****g traders' computers have done, buying on an inhale and selling before you can exhale. Seems to me that just to survive, one MUST be a participant in The Market, and segregate/divorce your gains from everyday expenses. Otherwise everything just gets piddled away.