Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Off-topic/humor: Fun at the Expense of Apple Fans

edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
Because there's all manner of concerns about the world, how about a chuckle?

Samsung's new ad - probably one of the damn funniest ads I've seen in years.

Favorite line: "I heard you have to have an adapter to use the dock on the new one. Yeah, yeah, but they make the cooolest adapters."

Apple will, of course, continue to do exceptionally well. Still, a very funny riff on Apple culture.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Thanks, scott; a very good ad, indeed.

I'll wait for the implant; AKA, Terminator's magic eye.
  • Reply to @catch22: You won't have that long to wait.

https://plus.google.com/+projectglass
  • edited September 2012
    Yes, watched a tv story about this last year on Charlie Rose program.
    Hey, I forgot to mention to you. One of your recent post(s) noted about the use and related of social media and of course, all of the interesting apps that keep coming to the market place for smart phones.
    If you have not, try to catch the Bloomberg West show; which is dedicated to only the tech. sector. We east time zone folks have this show at 6pm, EST, Monday-Friday. 'Course using a Bloomberg app would let one watch for their own schedule.
  • Yeah, O suppose. If you can't beat them and the courts won't let you steal from them there isn't much left to do besides attempting to make fun of them.
  • I was kind of wondering along those lines as I used lots of cool "rounded Rectangles" in the new version of the user's guide (due to hit the newsstands sometime next week).

I wonder if it will help when I explain that I made them using a 21-year old apple program?
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: Do you mean the one MS stole from when putting together 'windows?'
  • Reply to @Mark: The very same!