Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

[Solved] new message count appears to be incorrect. Incompatible Browser

edited September 2012 in Technical Questions
Lately , I've been clicking on to posts that show a certain # of replies. Only to find that # to be in error. Example ( Pass the hankie - 18 new) only to find 2 replies. Is the problem on my end or yours ?

Thanks , Derf

Comments

• Howdy Derf,
    At 8:05pm, my view indicates 2 comments, with 52 views by members.
    Using MS IE 9 here. Perhaps reset your browswer and/or when viewing the post you noted; press the F5 key to refresh the site and look for any change.

Catch
  • edited September 2012
    @Derf
    Do you use your back button in the browser?

If so, you will always have inaccurate data. if not, it should be correct, and I see nothing that suggests it is on our end.

Also: A good title always helps other users.
    e.g. you might want to edit the title from tech ?? - which doesn't indicate much.
    to "Question on new message count."
  • Thanks for the comments. I still have the same problem. Title line doesn't match up with info line !
    As of this viewing I have 2 title lines & one info at top of diss. page.
  • I tried a different browser & the problem has been solved.......
    Have a great day, Derf
  • Reply to @Derf: Curious- what browser was giving you the trouble? May be helpful to someone else.
  • Reply to @Derf:

>Thanks for the comments

I changed the title so the thread might help others besides you.
  • Reply to @Accipiter: For problems with lynx try opening in new tab.

(Sorry- couldn't resist...)
  • edited September 2012
    Reply to @Accipiter: Works fine, lasts long time! What you did?
  • Reply to @Old_Joe:

I added something, but I don't want to document it, because it breaks things and causes more problems.
  • edited September 2012
    Reply to @Accipiter: Worked fine, lasts long time!

BTW, have given you well-deserved credit for info in new UG version, to be posted soon, I hope.