Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Non-Agency Mortgages: look who is buying

edited October 2012 in Fund Discussions
as expected: QE3/yield demand; less supply; home market revival -- all behind recent success of PONDX and other similar offerings.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/print/2012-10-04/subprime-up-as-funds-target-shrinking-market-mortgages.html

Comments

• Hi FA- Say, what are your feelings re PONDX- we're going to be gone for a month or so, without access to computers (thank God). Think it will hold together till we get back?

(No hard feelings if you turn out to be wrong.)

Thanks- OJ
  • :) OJ... I don't know. For me, it is not a 30-day trade. This is a yieldy investment that still has some juice. These were selling @ 20-40 c on a dollar. Even if they double, there is still value for those shops who do credit analysis. enjoy your time off and, by the way, thanks for a wonderful user guide.
  • edited October 2012
    Reply to @fundalarm: I get nervous when we go on vacation at this time of year. Was in Baltic States area (and St. Petersburg) in 2007- got killed as market self-destructed while we were away.

OK, will cross my fingers and hold PONDX at least until we get back. Thanks for comment on guide!:-)