Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Modest move today

Howdy folks,

Lightened up on some junior silver miners, sold TSLA, added to DIS, PYPL and ROKU, reduced MINDX and added a little to PRPIX. Still carrying an extra bit of cash. Been buying a few hockey pucks at these silver prices.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

Comments

• I'm interested in why you chose PRPIX?
  • Same here. Bonds are having hard time this year and foreign bonds are lagging even more. The headwinds are currency and interest rates. There are two more rate hikes coming this year. So the domestic economy is doing as well as CNBC is telling everyone, there will be several more rate hikes - but I disagree.
  • Howdy Crash,

I liked the chart and with my other equity focused moves, I wanted to take some 'off' the table. Nothing fancy.

take care,

rono
  • beebee
    edited July 2018
    @rono and others...thoughts on MINDX? Seems EM (I'll include India here) has been hit hard recently, but are the fundamentals still intact?

Interesting chart in one of @Derf recent posts points to the fact that the number of countries experiencing recession is the lowest ever. If these trade spats get ironed out I believe EM (and India) will see a bounce on that news.

Chart:
  • Howdy bee,

I love MINDX, have for years and still do, but reduced pretty much on geopolitical developments.

And in a further response to Crash, at this particular time, I'm putting a greater degree of faith in corporations than perhaps at any time in my life. Geez, they're standing their ground on a LOT of cultural issues and actually leading on others. Not all, of course, but look at the commercials being aired - location decisions - sponsorship/endorsements, etc.

In all honesty, I think this same feeling is infecting enough of the stock buying public, that it's helping support stock prices. Let's face it folks, this is all a gamble and we all take our best shot where we come to grips with the risk/reward equation. In this particular time and place, this is becoming very evident.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono

• edited July 2018
    @rono @bee

I'll suggest, as to India, that some of the invest-able cycles are related to the Modi election as prime minister in May, 2014; perhaps lending a sense of economic reforms to the positive benefit of the country in general.
    --- This first link is an overview/opinion from others as to how economic reforms have fared.

http://indiareforms.csis.org/

--- This link, for want of a comparison against "whatever" is for MINDX vs SPY vs EEM.

Compare from 2005, there abouts, to date:

I have watched India over the years, but have never invested; as other holdings proved to do as well. This is a most complex country with complex problems as well. I feel the Modi effect did play into India's equity markets returns since his election, that perhaps the "love" has worn away and most recent; that since the mini-melt in late January, many equity markets in the broadest sense have nearly flat lined.
    The India equity market, for me; today would be viewed more so from a technical stand point of oversold or overbought. The country is way too complex for me to follow via any other methods. And perhaps the technical buy/sell is in place at this time from the big houses as an investment.
    Just my 2 worth.
    Catch

• MINDX verses MAPIX also gives a interesting picture of volatility: