Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Links to Information on Hurricane Florence

edited September 2018 in Off-Topic
Following is a list of useful National Hurricane Center information links regarding Hurricane Florence.

Map: Atlantic Tropical Cyclones and Disturbances

Map: Earliest Reasonable Arrival Times of Tropical-Storm-Force Winds

Map: Surface Wind Field of Hurricane Florence

Map: Tropical-Storm-Force Wind Probabilities

Map: Projected Rainfall from Hurricane Florence

Map: Probable Path of Storm Center

Satellite Photo: Current Positional Photo of Hurricane Florence

Note: All Maps and Photos are regularly updated by the National Weather Service, and the latest versions may be seen by refreshing your browser windows every few hours.

imageimage

Comments

• TedTed
    edited September 2018
    MFO Members You only need one link for all the above information, just scroll up and down. Less is more.
    Regards,
    Ted
    https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
  • edited September 2018
    @Ted: You, of all people, blatently stepping on someone else's previously posted information, an offense against which you have complained scores of times over the years.

That link which you give is in fact for my first link: Map: Atlantic Tropical Cyclones and Disturbances, and is perhaps the least important of the links which I supplied.

Not content with artificially boosting your own posts into the "Comments+" section, you have now, with a snotty comment, criticized an attempt to provide highly useful emergency information.

You have absolutely no sense of decency.

• edited September 2018
    WADR to @Ted - The magnitude of the storm would suggest there’s room for at least two concurrent threads, each having a distinctly different emphasis. Most here at mfo (I may be a notable exception) seem perfectly capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

I guess with the other one on the Portfolio impact of the storm (which struck me as a bit insensitive at this time) there’s actually three related to Florence.

Thanks to Old Joe for the additional thread.
  • @MFO Members: Just trying to make easier for members to read rather than going back and forth between seven links. There was no attempt to step on anyone's toes. My one link contains all of the above information found in seven links. Like I said, less is more !
    Regards,
    Ted
    Map: Atlantic Tropical Cyclones and Disturbances
    Map: Earliest Reasonable Arrival Times of Tropical-Storm-Force Winds
    Map: Surface Wind Field of Hurricane Florence
    Map: Tropical-Storm-Force Wind Probabilities
    Map: Projected Rainfall from Hurricane Florence
    Map: Probable Path of Storm Center
    Satellite Photo: Current Positional Photo of Hurricane Florence
  • edited September 2018
    @Ted- "Less is More": An admonition which you should really pay attention to the next time you compile your never-ending list of largely useless links, and then cheat to place them in the "Comments+" section because no one else ever bothers to comment.