Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Trump’s family avoided taxes, but did they evade them? We asked an expert why the difference matters

edited October 2018 in Off-Topic
"On Tuesday, the New York Times published a bombshell investigation that claims President Donald Trump — who repeatedly bragged on the campaign trail about being a “self-made” billionaire — actually inherited his wealth largely through creative, and possibly illegal, accounting done alongside his father, real estate mogul Fred Trump."
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/10/3/17934360/trump-taxes-illegal-new-york-times-expose

Here's the original NYT piece that the Vox discussion (above) is based on: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

Comments

• MUTUAL FUNDS ! MUTUAL FUNDS! MUTUAL FUNDS!
    :(:(:(:(
  • Yeah hank, like Bespoke's football picks.
  • But, but ... Don't football games lead up to the Superbowl that tells you how the stock market will do next year that tells you which funds to buy? :-)
  • Don't Take Me Out To The Ball Game:
    3 views 0 comments new Started by Ted 11:31AM Off-Topic

Nuns Couldn’t Stop Wells Fargo From Making Another Big Gun Loan
    3 views 0 comments new Started by Ted 6:45AM Fund Discussions

Morning Lineup – September Jobs Report Weaker Again
    10 views 0 comments new Started by Ted 6:04AM Off-Topic

MUTUAL FUNDS ! MUTUAL FUNDS! MUTUAL FUNDS!

• TedTed
    edited October 2018
    @MFO Members: Once again let me reiterate, I have no problem with Off-Topic messages or messages and links as long as the subject matter is not about religion or politics.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • ah, got it, now we have granular regulations
  • edited October 2018
    Should fire the Chief irs and start major investigations especially toward those that cheat taxes (trump sharpen newt
  • Old_Joe said:

Don't Take Me Out To The Ball Game:
    3 views 0 comments new Started by Ted 11:31AM Off-Topic

Nuns Couldn’t Stop Wells Fargo From Making Another Big Gun Loan
    3 views 0 comments new Started by Ted 6:45AM Fund Discussions

Morning Lineup – September Jobs Report Weaker Again
    10 views 0 comments new Started by Ted 6:04AM Off-Topic

MUTUAL FUNDS ! MUTUAL FUNDS! MUTUAL FUNDS!

*Like*
  • Huh? The IRS chiefs are largely blameless in all of this, I would suggest, even more than they were in the bogus 501c3 issue investigation