Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anyone make any $'s from natural gas since last spring?

edited November 2012 in Off-Topic
I recall natural gas bottoming at about $1.95 per unit in March or April.
Has anyone been able to make any money from this bottom move with any of the available
investment vehicles?
Thank you.
Catch

Comments

• beebee
    edited November 2012
    Charting UNG and GASFX since April you notice UNG up 40% but, with a lot of movement:

The problem I have with this sectors is the long term performance of ETFs like UNG...here it is over 5 years compared to GASFX:

I still see mid-stream companies being profitable as a result of inexpensive inputs (price of Natural Gas) and the premium charged for the services they provide (pipeline delivery, electrical generation, fertilizer production, etc)

• About 2% on a small play on GASFX. Not great, but better than nothing.
  • Howdy,

Guilty as charged. I was also touting down around $2 and asked for play suggestions. I ended up with FCG, GASFX and some FSNGX in wifey's Roth. And like OJ, nothing large and no oversized gains as of yet.

As the rally in ng continues, we should also start seeing results filter thru to nat res funds and whatnot. Plus, with Obama relected, watch the story unfold with fracking. It if screws up the ground water, you'll see the brakes put on it to a greater or lesser degree. We'll have to see.

However, for the nonce, the trend is your friend.

peace,

rono
  • Reply to @rono: You just got a new job, shouldn't you be working? Damn politicians.