Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Deutsch Bank Raided in Money Laundering Investigation

edited November 2018 in Off-Topic
(When it rains, it pours):)

On Thursday morning, German police raided the Frankfurt headquarters of Deutsche Bank, President Donald Trump’s biggest lender, in connection with a money laundering investigation. The raid focused on an alleged money laundering operation that may have involved as much as $350 million ...

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/11/donald-trumps-biggest-lender-deutsche-bank-was-just-raided-in-a-money-laundering-investigation/

Comments

• edited November 2018
    I review a bad banks list periodically, but now is as good a time as any other for a review dated, February, 2018.

Major bank fines list

For a bit of personal relief and action on my behalf, I have returned the solicitations received in the mail from banks, with a note expressing known "bad kid" behaviors; and for this reason, "I am unable to feel comfortable doing business with your organization".
    I'm sure these get trashed once opened and read and the "protest/concern" is never known about at high levels of the company. But, I feel a little better with having presented my view.

ADD: The financial institution "bad" list reminds one of a local used car sales company that is known to live on the shady side of things. Someone will always do business with them, but I will not and direct others away, too; when possible.

Take care,
    Catch

• Hmmm, money laundering, Russian probe, why some people think Putin has some secret hanging over Trump... could all the puzzle pieces finally be showing a picture?
  • edited November 2018
    Reads: “The raid focused on an alleged money laundering operation that may have involved as much as $350 million and was exposed with the 2015 release of the Panama Papers ...”

Might read: “The raid allegedly focused on a money laundering operation that may have involved as much as $350 million and was exposed with the 2015 release of the Panama Papers”.

Might there be more here than meets the eye? Occurring on the same day Trump’s former “fixer” (Michael Cohen) plead guilty to lying to Congress, might the German raid have been coordinated with U.S. officials? I don’t think the Prez and Andrea Merkel are best of friends

Amazing how big money seems to find ways to hide their income and avoid paying fair share of taxes.
  • My wife is definitely guilty of money laundering. 37¢ in my jeans just last week alone.
  • Oh, @Old-Joe, I've laundered the entire wallet a few times. That's when you have to take that extra step of money-drying.