Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Broadcom’s $2 Bil Warning Rattles Chip Sector

edited June 2019 in Off-Topic
Broadcom Inc sent a shockwave through the global chipmaking industry on Friday with its forecast that U.S.-China trade tensions and the ban on doing business with Huawei Technologies would knock $2 billion off the company’s sales this year.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-huawei-tech-usa-chipmakers-broadcom/broadcoms-2-billion-warning-rattles-global-chip-sector-idUSKCN1TF0O1

Comments

• TedTed
    edited June 2019
    Why not save us a lot of time, and just link the entire Reuters Website! You are bound and determined to destory the MFO Discussion Board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Note to self - Tariff/Trade tensions, Tech sector, semiconductors have absolutely nothing to do with the markets or mutual funds or investing in general. Nothing. At. All.

Got it.
  • edited June 2019
    Ted said:

Why not save us a lot of time, and just link the entire Reuters Website! You are bound and determined to destory the MFO Discussion Board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Ted, I’m sorry you feel my linking a dozen business stories from Reuters will “destroy the ... board”. I guess I have more confidence in mfo and the good people here than you do. Following is a link to a thread I just posted. It references an objective analysis / report on the reliability of the Reuters News Service (very high).

Of course nothing is perfect. But do you really believe that Bloomberg, which you like to cite (owned by billionaire political activist Michael Bloomberg), is any more trustworthy or reliable than Reuters? For that matter ... what makes you think Barron’s and The Wall Street Journal (part of the Murdoch empire) would be more so?

https://www.mutualfundobserver.com/discuss/discussion/50533/how-reliable-is-reuter-s-news-service
  • @Ted: Your continuing acidic, derogatory and snide comment are the single most damaging threat to MFO. Can you name even one poster who has ever agreed with your rain of crap?
  • @Ted: Well, you've had an hour to try and dredge up one. I thought not.