Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bill Gross's Investment Outlook For February 2013

Comments

• edited January 2013
    About as good an overview of the monetary and credit situation as I've seen yet. Thanks for the post.

12/31/11 12/31/12 01/31/13
    Cash: 38% 43% 47%
    Bond Funds: 39% 25% 17%
    Equity Funds: 24% 32% 36%
    Regards-
  • edited February 2013
    Saw a snippet on NBR. Yikes - has the old boy lost his marbles? Gold? About as far removed from bonds as you can get. But ... I'm not a big Gross fan. Fuss is worth listening to. But haveta check the date of that interview (different thread) as Treasuries were yielding lot less several months ago.

Checked the Fuss story. - The interview seems recent. Article date is Jan. 31.
    Here's the quote from Fuss: “High-yield is as overbought as I have ever seen it. ... This is absolutely, from a valuation point, ridiculous.” - Yep. I don't generally comment on bonds, but would have to agree on that.

Hard to tell without the transcript, but am guessing the Bloomberg editors liked the quote so much they went and applied it to ALL bonds - They may be correct - but that ain't necessarily what the ol gent intended.