Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Like I figured...

edited February 2013 in Fund Discussions
Selling into the Rally at the end of the day. There's still no "faith" in this rally, long-term. Or else there are way more computerized, instantaneous trades going on than I figured. And I figure there's a great many. Those daily and hourly traders have that repeated in-and-out motion down to a science. Mechanical. Where's the fun in THAT?;)

Comments

• Hey mon... I'll happily take mine 0.5% at a time...
  • edited February 2013
    It looks like it's going higher into the close, which seems to be the pattern.
  • Surprised. Now I suppose we can delete this thread...
  • I'm a little sensitive right now re "deletion"... Ted threatened to delete ME a few weeks ago...
  • Reply to @Old_Joe: Who are you again? One Old Joe is enough here mister.
  • Hello,

I sold equities down a little myself this week by about one percent. The next near term selling stop for me will be S&P 500 Index 1525 than I'll sell another one percent.

Good Investing,
    Skeeter
  • Hi skeeter,

Hope you're doing well. You're probably playing this as well as anyone. It's a toughy. The economy still sucks but with QE . . . nth and no place to go - market is going great. Gotta play it and ride it but still, when the music stops all y'all better be covering your rears.

For now, the punch bowl is full, music loud and everyone that's here is having a great time. Party on.

peace,

rono
  • edited February 2013
    Hi rono,

Thanks for stopping by.

I am thinking many on the sidelines will be drawn in feeling they are being left behind. Heck, from my thoughts, the train left the station about three years ago. I've played the upward movement with some selling along the way and then redeployment of some capital during the pull backs. Once the smart money figures the dumb money has join the party ... They will be leaving just to buy back in at lower valuations and those that just joined the party will get fleeced as a down draft developes and margin calls begin for those that leveraged. Anyway, that is how I see it ... and, that's why I have been selling into what I beleive to be a near term overbought market. Rally on, I am making good money.

Good to hear from you.

Skeeter
  • edited February 2013
    Reply to @Old_Joe: NO! You need a "no delete" sign.:):):)