Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Equities down today

edited October 2019 in Fund Discussions
anyone buying today?
think many pundits stated many issues causing massive run toward bear market: volatilities in Oct very high, end of bull cycles, unfavorable data reporting, employment rate issues, pending Trump impeachment

recession coming?

we are still 80/20 still have > 15s 20 yrs left and we don't have enough valuable insights 'TIME THE market'. Maybe its better to sit tight and keep rolling/couch potatoe approaches

Did buy more VDE, VWO, VGSTX today

Comments

• edited October 2019
    ADD: my reply was based upon the original subject title of "Everything down today".

Everything ??? :):):)
    Everything is a fairly tough word to deal with in investing markets, for proper descriptions of a broad investing arena.............wouldn't you agree ???

Are your bonds blowing up ???

Well, in the sense of UP (pricing), yes; for IG types.
  • edited October 2019
    Since when is a downdraft of ~1.5 / 2% a "crash"?
  • edited October 2019
    yes Sirs... meant equity markets going down few percentage[s] today, although one point dows were down 590s pts earlier.

bonds/inverse vehicles doing fair today

now time to drink those beer to keep my head more clear
  • Yup, more beer will clear one's mind every time.
  • For we old turds, such as @Old_Joe , myself and others here............the wayback machine indicates this, relative to the DJIA and a 500 point hit; would be significant for another early October in 1982. The DJIA was running at about 900. Now, a drop of 500 would be a most serious circumstance resulting at a -44.44% melt.
    While I/we don't like to see my/our investment babies get a whack; the number drop for today is not the end (yet) with the DOW at 27,000 or so.

One thought I will express, in sentiment with the words of Bob Dylan, is that; "The times, they are a chang'in....."

Be at ease with wherever your monies may be parked.

Take care,
    Catch