Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Josh Brown: How I invest My Own Money

FYI: People ask me all the time about how I invest my personal money. I don’t think I’ve ever written about this before, in more than ten years of blogging!

Very simply put, I’m a mixture of active and passive, a mixture of mutual funds, individual securities and ETFs, a mixture of public and private assets. What is consistent is that almost everything I do is with a long-term bias. I don’t day trade or swing trade, because I’m bad at it and I feel as though those activities are a full-time commitment. I don’t want to commit to any investing style that requires my attention all day long because I’m building and running a company. My priority is my firm, my clients and my employees. So when I invest in something, I usually intend to stay invested.
Regards,
Ted
https://thereformedbroker.com/2019/10/10/how-i-invest-my-own-money-2/

Comments

• This statement says a great deal, in a positive way:
    " ...My 401(k) is invested in the exact same asset allocation model as we use for our clients...."

• Josh is awesome - followed him and Barry for years. IMO their firm is doing things right and if I ever needed to pick up RIAs to manage money I'd probably go with them.
    Crash said:

This statement says a great deal, in a positive way:
    " ...My 401(k) is invested in the exact same asset allocation model as we use for our clients...."