Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Veterans Day

TedTed
edited November 2019 in Off-Topic
Let us not forget those who served our country, especially those who gave their lives to protect our great nation !
Regards,
Ted

NPR Article:
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/11/777635075/remembering-the-1st-veterans-memorialized-by-veterans-day

Comments

• I took my daily constitutional through the green and lovely Hawaii State Veterans Cemetery today. All the way up to the monument at the top. It's almost literally straight across the street from me. In Kaneohe. Lotsa people today. Many Hawaiians and Asians traditionally come to the grave of a loved one and have a picnic meal and spend quite a bit of time. I'm still finding my way around, slowly. I mean to get to the Punchbowl soon. From the cemetery across the way from me, there are lovely views for the living of the Koolau Range in one direction and Kaneohe Bay and the Pacific, in the other.
  • edited November 2019
    Hi @Crash, Sounds like a great way to reflect and to give thanks for the freedom we have.

I also spent the day in much reflection.