Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Opinion: Trump perfectly orchestrates the stock market’s rise whenever momentum wanes

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-perfectly-orchestrates-the-stock-markets-rise-whenever-momentum-wanes-2019-12-05

Price action, internal momentum and volume aren’t great, but that doesn’t matter when the president wields his baton

Comments

• I always wonder who, if anyone, is front-running his various market-moving tweets and proclaimations.....with this regime, it's almost too easy for some insiders to NOT be doing it.
  • Same here rforno. Them mob lawyers don't come cheap.
  • edited December 2019
    This "regime" has reduced the United States to the administrative and corruption level of a third-world country.
  • edited December 2019
    rforno said:

I always wonder who, if anyone, is front-running his various market-moving tweets and proclamations.....with this regime, it's almost too easy for some insiders to NOT be doing it.

A lot of this sounds somewhat spontaneous - as when he blasts Fed Chair Powell. I’m not sure there’s time for anyone to front-run those proclamations or, conversely, hide in the nearest ditch. Certainly seems to welcome associations with some unsavory people - including several previous now sitting in the pen and one who hanged himself there.

Any mutual funds that invest in prisons or correctional institutions?

• There's only like 2-3 prison companies I think (Core Civic, Geo) that are public, so you can probably just buy the stocks directly.
    hank said:

Any mutual funds that invest in prisons or correctional institutions?

• If tariff goes up on 15th Dec, market will drop-drop-drop. Act if you can?