Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why the Dow Jones Could Rampage Past 30,000 Within Days

edited January 2020 in Off-Topic
Article: https://www.ccn.com/why-the-dow-jones-could-rampage-past-30000-within-days/

A few synonyms for rampage (verb) from Thesaurus.net: go crazy, storm, run wild, go berserk, run amuck, rage, erupt, roar, rant, boil, seethe, fume, explode, splurge, overcompensate, overreach, overstretch, overdo - https://www.thesaurus.net/rampage

Comments

• I thought many pundits calling for major crash right before the holidays..how sentimental have changed such short terms
  • edited January 2020
    Not to introduce politics reality, but I'd expect a big jump in a couple of weeks after McConnell's Senate lets Mr. Trump walk away laughing.
  • As you well know, @hank, a major in journalism or English just ain't what it used to be.
  • edited January 2020
    Not having had the benefit of college or a university education, I'm constantly amazed by the degree of quality that such education seems to bestow, at least with respect to communication in "standard" English.

And yes, you can read that any way that you wish to.
  • edited January 2020
    Old_Joe said:

Not to introduce politics, but I'd expect a big jump in a couple of weeks after McConnell's Senate lets Mr. Trump walk away laughing.

@Old_Joe - Methinks you’ve misunderstood. Those synonyms I dug up were intended to describe the current market - not Mr.Trump!

And thank you for not introducing politics here.:)
  • edited January 2020
    @hank- I'm sorry... that "rampage" part got the best of me. I'll go back up above and subdue the politics. :)
  • For my part, if the market were to go on a "rampage," it would not be to the upside. My previous comment meant to bring out the writer's infelicitous choice of wording.
  • edited January 2020
    BenWP said:

For my part, if the market were to go on a "rampage," it would not be to the upside. My previous comment meant to bring out the writer's infelicitous choice of wording.

@BenWP - Thanks for the clarification. I’m not certain which “previous writer” your reference pertains to. However, I’d have to agree that many financial journalists today, along with board denizen @Old_Joe, are prone to malapropos.
  • @hank- I'm certainly not prone yet- still nicely vertical, thank you.
  • @Old_Joe practices his balance on the San Andeas fault, so he'll be OK.