Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

PTIAX bond fund Jan, 2020

Weird, small, mid-month dividend. Nothing, as expected and per usual, toward the end of Jan. How come?

Comments

• "Crash">Weird, small, mid-month dividend. Nothing, as expected and per usual, toward the end of Jan. How come?

Crash, I have held PTIAX off and on over the years, and part of its performance pattern is a level of surprises that are difficult to predict. I have actually called them several times over the years and asked for some explanations, but never seem to get an answer that made much sense to me. It is essentially a barbell fund with nonagency mortgages on one end, and some Munis on the other end, including some taxable munis. I owned it in 2019 and held it for most of 2019, before selling it and taking profits at year end, and replacing it with IISIX which I find more predictable and dependable in its performance pattern.
  • @dtconroe Thanks for filling me in! :)
  • ***Got a specific answer: going forward, the divs will be paid in the MIDDLE of the month. So the agent told me on the phone. He offered to look further, to provide me with a rationale. I declined. It's supposedly a blanket-decision, going forward.