Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

- 17 bucks per budlight/15 bucks per popcorn?

Fans attending Super Bowl LIV likely paid more than $6,000 per ticket to witness the Kansas City Chiefs defeat the San Francisco 49ers, 31-20 — but that’s before they got to the concession stand.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2020-02-03-super-bowl-liv-concession-prices-burger-hard-rock-stadium-miami-23917728.html

was much better watching at home large hdtv w/ ~5 bucks Wild wings/ 6 packs budweiser at nearby Kroger's

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Believe me, there is nothing more priceless than BEING AT THE GAME when YOUR TEAM WINS!

Tickets to the game: a LOT.
    Airfare: Reasonable.
    Hotel/Lodging: Was free this time at relatives.
    Food/Beverages: Who cares?
    Stillers WIN SB43: PRICELESS.

https://www.google.com/search?q=santonio+holmes+catch+gif&tbm=isch&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjYhf-EibjnAhURkZ4KHcmMC1cQrNwCegQIARBh&biw=1903&bih=937#imgrc=ytMx4flwxSzGbM
  • It was interesting to see that as cameras scanned the crowd most in attendance were looking at their phones rather than anything going on around them.
  • First of all, if you are buying Budlite at a Super Bowl game you are just buying extra trips to the over crowded bathrooms without enjoying the taste of beer:)

The fun of any football game is the pre-game atmosphere, whether that be pre-game tailgating or days long Super Bowl celebrations. When you go to a Bills game it is an all day party with friends and people you don't even know. This year I went to a Steelers game - totally different vibe. From what I saw, Pittsburgh doesn't tailgate. You park in a ramp garage and head to the game. Enjoyed the game but I didn't get the full affect.

The game itself is harder to follow in person versus the TV, so I'm guessing those people looking at their phones are probably streaming the broadcast, looking at replays or getting updates in some way.
  • edited February 2020
    "...From what I saw, Pittsburgh doesn't tailgate..."

(Guffaw)

I'll see your comments and raise you, "I don't think BUF wins Super Bowls."

Seriously, tailgating is clearly NOT a true measure of fan bases, but you are WAY out in left field on this one.

FYI - Stillers fans tailgate long and hard at EVERY stadium in which the Stillers play. We tend to take over stadiums AND parking lots. I've seen near death experiences MANY times and had one or two of them myself. No brag, just facts.
  • Mark said:

It was interesting to see that as cameras scanned the crowd most in attendance were looking at their phones rather than anything going on around them.

Hmmm...that's life in America as we know it today - at ALL sporting venues- and has been that way for a few years now.

• @Mike and @stillers - I know that's how it is today but I question the logic of paying $6K for a seat at the stadium to do so. Maybe it's just because my Vikings so suck at all this Super Bowl stuff. I would have however paid that same $6K to watch the halftime show from a front row seat.
  • edited February 2020
    Per Mike’s comment: You don’t own beer. You rent it.

Nearly as bad at any big city theater. $5-$6 might get you a small glass of carbonated water - maybe not. Don’t want my brain any duller than it already is at a play, so avoid the alcohol while in attendance. (But many choose to imbibe.)

Not sure why this was posted here - except that maybe some are looking for highly liquid investments.
  • @stillers, I did see a few guys sitting in folding lawn chairs at the side of their car in the ramp garage. Is that the Steelers tailgate party you refer to? I have nothing bad to say about the Steelers. I would say they are probably, oh, maybe my 24th favorite team. Just ahead of the Browns:) .
    "I don't think BUF wins Super Bowls."
    Let me preface this with "yet". The century is still young.
  • Mike, you still seem a little bitter over those FOUR CONSECUTIVE Bills SB losses.

Actually, if you would have made a WIDE RIGHT (sic) turn from that dinky little parking garage, you would have seen the party.

BTW_1: The Bills used to be one of my least hated teams until a Bills fan started talking ridiculous smack about Stillers tailgating.
    BTW_2: Did Thurman find his helmet yet?
  • No beer is worth that. Neither are the tix. Crash= stay away. To do otherwise is against my religion.
  • It's painfully obvious that my favorite team can win Super Bowls only when their quarterbacks are named Montana or Young !
  • edited February 2020
    Captive audience
    Stayed home watched the day of commenters - that I would like to buy for what they are worth and sell for what they think they are worth. Did all this 20 steps from the bathroom - priceless!
  • good-o, gary.
  • MikeM said:

First of all, if you are buying Budlite at a Super Bowl game you are just buying extra trips to the over crowded bathrooms without enjoying the taste of beer:)

Alert..alert.... beer snob in row 3.