Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fido Zero index funds Closed?

Hi,

tried to buy the Fidelity Zero Index funds and it looks closed....is that true?

Comments

• FZROX (Fidelity ZERO Total Market Index Fund) appears to be open at Fidelity.

Which fund are you looking at?
  • when you put in a buy order, it says closed.
  • @Bobby - I just tried placing a buy order and had no problem whatsoever. Are you attempting to do this at Fidelity or some other brokerage?
  • says closed to new investments to me
  • @Bobby - Maybe you have well wisher at Fidelity who is trying to protect your portfolio from further losses:-)

This qualifies as April Fool's joke as well.

I'm so good, I hurt myself.
  • "says closed to new investments to me"

Just to you? That's odd.
  • Just now I tried buying using both new ticket and old expanded ticket and all went well up to the Place Order button, past which I did not proceed.
  • @Bobby - I would suggest that you call them and see what might be happening.
  • Have you been trading in and out of the fund rapidly? Sometimes fund companies will block short-term traders from buying.
  • edited April 2020
    Closed to new investor I believe I read some where. Correction that was MM funds.
    Derf