Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Matthews China Small Companies MCSMX

Pretty surreal this is one of the funds doing well this year.

Comments

• I invested in it a few months ago with the thought China markets are down due to trade war, before COVID-19 pandemic came to light. It is still doing good, though unusual
  • holy cow!
  • edited April 2020
    Quite surprising given that two of the three managers also manage MSMLX, whose performance has not been sterling. The fund hasn’t been in its category top quartile since 2014.
  • BenWP said:

Quite surprising given that two of the three managers also manage MCSMX, whose performance has not been sterling. The fund hasn’t been in its category top quartile since 2014.

Typo there, with the ticker?
  • This is such a niche fund holding. I'd be very careful. If youre interested in EM take a look at ARTYX. Its done quite well in its 3 years. Has also held up well compared to its category. MY favorite intl holding though is MFAIX. Best risk adjusted returns over 3, 5 and 7 years
  • @Crash: thanks for spotting my error. Asia Small Companies hasn’t cut the mustard AFAIAC.