Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Joe Biden’s retirement reforms are the boldest we’ve seen in generations

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-a-joe-biden-presidency-would-help-older-americans-2020-05-29?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Opinion: Joe Biden’s retirement reforms are the boldest we’ve seen in generations

/Biden’s Social Security proposals are targeted directly toward seniors in need/

Very progressive indeed

Comments

• Nice to see. Yet I want Joe to sign-on to Medicare For All. He won't do it. Under the CURRENT regime, of course, Med. For All is DOA. ... But suppose we flip the Senate, AND hold the House, AND take the WH? I don't support either the Repugnants or the Demublicans, but the Demublicans in charge would be measurably better than the Repugnants. And we might just need a big majority in the Senate which would preclude any attempt to "submarine" any cloture votes. Honestly, that whole cloture business brings a single word to mind: bullshit. .... I remember a period of time when Obama and the Dems seemingly had clear control, but could not get done what folks had a right to expect. Wasn't that in the time between 2008 and the 2010 mid-terms?
    ...Anyway: WHY won't Joe sign-on to M-F-A? He has a vested interest in makng Obamacare succeed, so he can say: "I told you so." .... Or, maybe--- just maybe--- he's waiting to get elected as a Moderate, but then, once in the driver's seat, he might try to accomplish it--- providing there is a 40-foot huge Blue Wave in November; the kind of waves the professional surfers love, over in Haleiwa.