Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Municipal Bonds Swinging Back Up, If Modestly

https://www.advisorperspectives.com/commentaries/2020/06/12/municipal-bonds-swinging-back-up-if-modestly

Municipal Bonds Swinging Back Up, If Modestly

by Rob Amodeo of Western Asset Management,

After some wildness, the municipal bond market has posted strong overall returns in last few weeks. Investment grade municipal bond returns are positive for 2020

Comments

• This observation is a bit late because top HY Munis(NHMAX,ORNAX,GWMEX) already made over 5.5% in the last month and I owned a huge % in them.
  • Hi @FD1000, While HY Minis have done good, as you note, my income sleeve is up 4.5% and my hybrid income sleeve is up 5.5% for the month. With this, it appears fixed income across the board has done well.

Cordially,
    Old_Skeet
  • @old_skeet can you please remind me some of your key income and hybrid income funds you have in your sleeves? Thx
  • edited June 2020
    Hi @MikeW. Thank you for your question. My response follows below.

The three best performers from each sleeve are as follows. Income sleeve HWHAX +5.99% ... PGBAX +5.00% ... and, LBNDX +4.86%. Hybrid Income sleeve FRINX +9.93% ... FISCX +6.71% ... and, AZNAX +5.67%..
  • Thx so much @old_skeet