Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Maybe need to load up on cash/Cd?

edited June 2020 in Off-Topic
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/business/india-china-tensions-global-business-intl-hnk/index.html

So many sentinel events out there

Cash maybe king now
Think dows headed towards 12000 levels in 3 _4 wks few months?

American appears not doing well presently

New tropical storms in Atlantic
Covid issues - not many Americans abide to stay home orders as recommended by Dr Fauci
Civil unrests
WW3 on the horizon due to Covid issues?

Comments

• edited June 2020
    johnN said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/business/india-china-tensions-global-business-intl-hnk/index.html
    So many sentinel events out there
    Cash maybe king now
    Think dows headed towards 12000 levels in 3 _4 wks?

John, I fail to see how an article about various global tension points relates to going 100% to cash.
    The world has been awash with “tension points“ at least since the Roman Empire. (Do they teach history in schools anymore?)

Yes, the Dow at 12,000 is possible - but not likely IMHO. In 3-4 weeks? Surely you jest. But if it did hit 12,000 again I’d not only “back up the truck“. I’d buy an even bigger truck so I could haul away more.

What this all highlights is the risk of moving money around on a near daily basis based on a reading of what passes as “news.” There ought to be a loud disclaimer prominently displayed on every brokerage / fund company’s trading page: “Consider carefully before proceeding! This action may be harmful to your financial health.”
  • Experts who say Earth is Falling, should short the market if they believe in what they are saying.
  • edited June 2020
    I talked to merrilledge advisor, they strongly recommended to stay the course and keep DCA /keep up with our plans. COVID-19 could be short term issues (3-6 months????)....once 2nd recovery ( reignited ) take place, market maybe heading toward greens again.

hopefully we won't see 3rd wave in winter..
  • It's my impression that the experts are saying that the earth is warming, not falling.
  • Howdy folks,

Actually, I just moved a bit from US cash to Int'l cash. As I said, just a bit on the margin, but the dollar is starting to smell.

and so it goes,

peace,

rono