Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Coming to a state/city near you soon?

edited July 2020 in Off-Topic
‘A very dark feeling’: Hundreds camp out in Oklahoma unemployment lines

Just adding some color, I was in a bit of a hurry earlier.

"Many have been struggling to get their regular unemployment benefits as well as the $600-a-week federal pandemic unemployment assistance passed in March that begins running out for millions of Americans later this week. Congress returned Monday to begin hammering out the details of another massive coronavirus bill, with Republicans assembling a $1 trillion package that probably will extend but reduce the size of that benefit. Democrats are backing a more wide-ranging $3 trillion relief bill passed by the House in May.

In Oklahoma, one of the poorest states, unemployment — which reached a record 14.7 percent in April — has pushed many to the point of desperation, with savings depleted, cars repossessed and homes sold for cash."

Comments

• Trumpvilles.
  • Truly feel sorry for these folks as Friday, July 26th approaches.
  • And in another direction, the fascisti are out in plain sight, at the direction of Der Fuhrer. Portland, Seattle... Which city is next on the Hit Parade? Chicago... etc. etc. Uncle Donald, The Conscience-less One. Subverting democracy, one day at a time. With his cute, fat favorite Legal lap-dog, Barr The Bitch-boy. https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/us/portland-protests-mayor/index.html
  • What gets me is that the senate is dragging their feet as the Saturday, July 25 th approaches. Starting August 8tht, the Senate go to a recess until September 7th. I feel sorry for those who really depend on this unemployment $.