Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Coronavirus: What's the story on Sweden?

The New York Times is showing the above graph in a current article: How the U.S. Compares With the World’s Worst Coronavirus Hot Spots

If I recall correctly Sweden notably attempted to acquire "herd immunity" by taking no special action against the virus and letting it run it's course. The last info that I read some weeks ago suggested that this experiment appeared to have been been unsuccessful, and that Sweden's infection and death rate substantially exceeded that of it's neighbors Norway and Denmark.

The NYT graph appears to show that Sweden's infection rate has fallen significantly since peaking in early July. I've seen nothing in the news regarding that- does anyone here have any knowledge of what's been happening recently in Sweden?

Comments