Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Watch Broadway Shows from Hamilton to Oklahoma at Home (article + comment)

edited August 2020 in Off-Topic
Never travel much in winter due to weather hassle. Now, with Covid, this whole year’s starting to feel like an eternal winter. I especially miss one or two summer trips to NYC for Broadway shows and to other great theater cities. Poor internet here. But with some effort, have learned to stream performances using my iphone’s hotspot. Am subscribed to Broadway HD and Disney. Both have a lot of quality shows and are mentioned in linked article. Recorded “live” performances aren’t the same as attending them live of course. But enough to keep from going insane while waiting out Covid.

Article on streaming services: https://www.classicfm.com/music-news/coronavirus/hamilton-oklahoma-live-streamed-broadway-london/

What’s everybody else doing to compensate for so much travel and entertainment being lost this summer?

Comments

• What’s everybody else doing to compensate for so much travel and entertainment being lost this summer?
    Eating well on my own home cooking. And drinking better wine with it.

My wife admits I'm a better cook than most restaurants around here. But she likes people that look younger than me bringing her the food. Can't say I blame her.

We're lucky enough to live close to Korean, Mexican, Islamic, and Sino-Viet style groceries, in addition to Trader Joe.

If the Valley of the Sun only had more options for a decent baguette. . . OTOH. Hatch chiles are in season at the groceries. And cheap.

Also reading page turners from Baldacci, Child, and Preston. And we don't even have to tighten our seat belts.

• Malcom Nance's books, just now. Visits to the beach. I even have a favorite spot, right by the lifeguard's shack. Lots of room, very few people around. Wide open spaces. Don't even have to TRY to do the social distancing thing. The water is scrumptious. 80 degrees. And I like to cook for the teens back at the apartment. They like my Italian sauce with pasta. I don't like to swim, but I get exercise in the water.
    https://www.to-hawaii.com/oahu/beaches/kualoapark.php
  • Crash said:

I even have a favorite spot, right by the lifeguard's shack.

Nice to hear you’re in safe hands.

• edited August 2020
    ;) I should be so lucky. But old covid restrictions have just been re-instituted. The number of cases here is surging.