Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Making A Portfolio Election-Proof

"During election season, a big portion of financial media news coverage shifts to presidential election outcomes.

These election seasons tend to be good for media ratings and clicks, but to what extent do they matter for investors? Does accurately predicting the result of a presidential election generate outperformance? Can we say a lot about the direction of the economy depending on which political party is in charge? This article takes a look at those questions."

Lyn Alden Schwartzer at SA

Comments

• "Read with free trial." Like the "convenience" card from the supermarket. If you can sell me this stuff for a lower price, what do I need the card for??? It's ok, nevermind. I think I bumped into something from her, long ago. I think she makes sense, generally.