Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Up in Michigan

Howdy folks,

Hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Looks like Wisconsin is about to be declared and I show Michigan going Blue as I type. With Arizona, it makes PA less important. Here in Michigan, we're counting the cities just like everywhere else. With passing a referendum last election to allow absentee voting for any reason and having the virus, they went crazy. My township has 4200 registered voters with historically about 400 absentees. This year we had 2500.

Overall it looks like Biden is going to win, albeit, 'there's many a slip betwixt the leap and the saddle'. I was hoping it would be more decisive. The only thing I fear more than a lame duck Trump is a reelected Trump. Oh well.

My board was all reelected although running unopposed helps. Feh, I got the least votes of the 4 trustees. This is my 3rd term as a Republican trustee, although, I tell them I'm a real Republican - fiscal conservative, socially tolerant, tree hugger.

The good news is that the 3% millage for Fire and EMS passed 55/45. That was our gamble 3 years back when we decided to float it at the Presidential election. Let EVERYONE vote on it and we'll see what they want. OoohRah!

and so it goes,

peace and wear the damn mask,

rono

Comments

• edited November 2020
    "Feh, I got the least votes of the 4 trustees."

Maybe if you weren't such a radical with an agenda. Go help count ballots in Detroit since you have some free time. Has it always been slow there?
  • Well done, rono. Carry on.

Regards-
    OJ