Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Martin Ratio and MFO Premium

New to MFO ... so forgive the ignorance. I am enjoying reading the discussions on mutual funds in my portfolio or on my watch list. That said, I'm exploring the MFO premium and looked at the sample pages. I found the Martin ratio and then looked up the definition of what it is. Here's my question - is a higher or lower number better for the Martin ratio? The Definitions page doesn't really explain that simplistically.

Comments

• Higher Martin Ratios are better. When I search in an asset class, I look for high Martin ratios and a lot of blue colored rating boxes for a particular mutual fund and that's where I usually buy. Not foolproof, but the best fund finder that I can find.
  • Thank you! Moderator can delete this post if they wish. I appreciate the answer. I'm thinking about purchasing MFO premium.