Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Closed-end fund IRL

edited February 2021 in Fund Discussions
I owned IRL back in the 1990s. I think what's here is a different iteration since then. And there's been lots of water that's passed under the bridge in the years since.

Policy:
"The Fund pays quarterly distributions at an annual rate, set once a year, that is a percentage of the Fund's net asset value ("NAV") on December 12. The Board has determined that the annual rate will be 8% per annum payable in quarterly installments. " (OOPS! No Divs. in 2019 at all?)

Currently trading at a -20% discount to NAV.
https://www.morningstar.com/cefs/xnys/irl/quote

Comments

• edited February 2021
    You have to like building materials/construction company CRH as it represents 22% of this fund's portfolio. Could do well, but there is a lot riding on that one stock.
  • Your post reminds me, @Crash, of the old days when CEFs were the only game in town for single-country bets. Prodigy had a board populated by CEF nuts, one of whom published a weekly table revealing discounts and premia, as well as performance figures, for a host of funds. The guy must have spent the entire week computing and typing.
  • Thanks for checking "under the hood," @LewisBraham.... And that company is right now trading at an almost +30% PREMIUM!