Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fully vaccinated people can travel safely again, CDC (read qualifiers)

edited April 2021 in Off-Topic
AARP Story

Headline from AARP might be somewhat misleading. (See follow-up post). For better or worse, a reliable source tells me planes as well as many hotels and resorts in the south are now packed with “snowbirds” on escape from winter’s weary months - many of them seniors who have been fully vaccinated.

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Here’s the longer version from same ARRP story linked above:

“Add travel to the activities vaccinated Americans can safely enjoy again, according to new U.S. guidance issued Friday.The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidance to say fully vaccinated people can travel within the U.S. without getting tested for the coronavirus or going into quarantine afterward. Still, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky urged caution and said she would ‘advocate against general travel overall” given the rising number of infections. “If you are vaccinated, it is lower risk,’ she said.”
  • I recently found this data site, which presents data in a different visual form and with some different types of data, than other sites. This link is for a particular county in Michigan. You will see the Michigan county map on the right. Click the county of choice for related data. ALSO, near the Michigan map is a USA icon for other states. If you save this site for future review, the data does update on a daily basis.
    I have not attempted to verify the accuracy of the data; and offer the site link with the understanding that the data is correct.

COVID tracking data by state and county
  • +1 Seminole County, Florida, where I live, is one of the few bright spots in Florida, with a Medium ranking.
  • honolulu high risk, dark yellow,
  • edited April 2021
    Looks like the online airline reservations system has broken down. Been trying for over an hour to book some travel (like anywhere) next month on American, United, Delta or Southwest and all are unable to show any possible flights or details to various destinations. Maybe too many people wanting to “get away” all at once?

Below is a message copied from United’s website. However, the issue appears system-wide.

“We’re aware of a temporary technical issue affecting flight booking. We recommend that travelers with non-urgent questions refrain from calling us and check back later. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and are working to fix the issue.”
  • edited April 2021
    Streamlined, easier. But inter-island travel, only. (So far...). IN ADDITION: travelers must fill-out the e-form on the "Safe Travels" website AND UPLOAD a copy of their own vaccination card, showing that vaxing was completed (2nd dose) at least two weeks prior to travel, and that the vaccine was provided to them IN HAWAII. Still too complicated for ME. Are you going? OK, see you when you get back.
    https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/gov-david-ige-to-announce-new-inter-island-travel-rules-possible-vaccine-exemption/