Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Campaign of Fear - Special Report From Reuters

edited June 2021 in Off-Topic
Months after November election, poll workers and officials are being terrorized by threats …

Reuters https://reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-georgia-threats/

Comments

• This is just disgusting in so many ways and on so many levels. I eagerly await seeing those responsible brought to justice for their crimes.
  • edited June 2021
    I knew some top Georgia election officials received death threats because they challenged the ex-president's baseless stolen-election claims. However, I wasn't aware of the vast number of threats made or that low to mid-level election workers were also being targeted.
    This can not be allowed to occur in our democracy.
    Hopefully, the responsible parties will be brought to justice.

"In Georgia, threatening violence against a poll officer is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a maximum fine of $100,000. Making death threats is a separate crime carrying up to five years in prison and a $1,000 fine."

The ex-president is also being investigated for interfering with Georgia's 2020 election.
    Will he finally be held accountable for his criminal behavior?
  • "...“If we lose good poll workers, that’s when we’re going to lose democracy.”