Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Buffett has now given half of his Berkshire shares to charity, resigns from Gates Foundation

Comments

• Complicate situation. Will Warren Buffet change his donation to elsewhere beside Gates Foundation?
  • @Sven - there's no hint of that anywhere.
  • @Mark, Hope Melinda Gates stays with the Foundation for the long term. She is really the bedrock of it.
  • edited June 2021
    How come Buffet’s reputed “family problems” made it all the way to the investing side of the board, but his compassion & generosity towards his fellow man only made it to “off topic?” Somehow doesn’t seem fair.

Than there’s … “The evil men do lives after them. The good is oft’ interred with their bones.”
  • @hank- You've likely read my comments on this in the "Other investing or Off Topic" post. Seems to be increasing sloppiness and questionable judgement in the choice of article placement. No good will come of this if it continues... just a matter of time till some kind of trouble, and I'd be surprised if David has a lot of time or patience left to deal with this small-change crap.

Of course, with Trump no longer riling up everyone the politically slanted posts seem to have disappeared. At least that's definitely a good thing.
  • edited June 2021
    @Old_Joe, I did indeed read your comment. Appreciated the background you provided which somehow I’d forgotten. And, I appreciated your support for my delicately proffered objection. I agree with you the Professor has more important things to tend to at this time. Behooves all of us to tread carefully. (But it was fun putting him to the test in past years).