Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DSL for monthly income. What's not to like?

DSL. 8.05% pay-out. Share price up, but still trading at a small discount to NAV.

https://ycharts.com/companies/DSL

Comments

• I'll draw your attention to the chart in the CEF Analyzer link. Click on the 2Yr option and look at April of 2020. If you can handle a $5 drop in market price then explore the other tabs on the website as well. Note also the drop in distributions over time. I'm not saying that it's a bad current holding but I personally would be looking for a larger discount before considering a purchase.
  • edited August 2021
    In case you haven't checked it out, CEF Connect is another site you might want to visit. One thing I like is the pricing information tab display of premium/discount trends through various time periods:

• Thank you. These sites are exactly what I am looking for.
  • Me, Too! Thanks a lot! I used to be in Gundlach's open-ended core-plus fund. I think the ticker is DLFNX. I got out when it lost its mojo.
  • ..... And so: I just screened through what some website told me was the TOTAL universe of CEFs. (Hard to believe.) I opened the hood on a handful of income-oriented funds, mostly corporates and munis, whether tax-free or not. After looking a bit further, I see that most of them are near NAV, so not trading at a discount, or a very small discount. And the distributions are still not as juicy as my PTIAX. (Though PTIAX has lately been a bit herky-jerky.) So, in terms of bond funds, I think I'll just go NOWHERE for a while: PRSNX, RPSIX, PTIAX.