Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

when up is down

2»

Comments

• It certainly seems that way. He wasn't too specific. But then that group rarely is.
  • Well fellas, he is expressing his thoughts (NOT name calling!) which I agree with +1 Carew388 style that he is in disagreement with your posted article as out of touch with reality for the average man on the street. He also likely doesn't care that if someone has a different opinion/view that's considered and judged to be an alternate fact, thus the elitist comment.

How dare he question that bastion of truth, the New York Times! / sarc

Best Regards,

Baseball Fan
  • sure ... if only he had simply said not my experience, as many here have, with examples, however anecdotal they are.

'alternate fact' is always good.

But NYT? Did you even read the links with their content ? Thinking maybe you did not.

https://presswatchers.org/2022/03/when-the-public-thinks-up-is-down-its-time-to-rethink-coverage/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/03/opinion/biden-economy-inflation-jobs.html

(which cites and quotes econ surveys)

>> expressing his thoughts (NOT name calling!) which I agree with +1

\\\ you elite bunch of arrogant pricks

ah, got it, something other than namecalling.

No wonder up is down.
  • Who is this fabled "average man on the street?" What does he look like and where does he live? Judging by the polls, it seems the average man on the street is the one out of touch with reality.
  • oh, are you in trouble now.

He lives next to the guy in Urbana Ohio at the diner having coffee, who always represents real America, from guns to school committees to epidemiology.
  • " it seems the average man on the street is the one out of touch with reality."

That would seem to lead us back full circle: People- Ignorant and Proud of It.
  • you both are EAPs !
  • Hey- takes one to know one! (How's that for original?)
  • Given gender demographics in the U.S., wouldn't it make more sense to measure what the average woman thinks instead of the average man?
  • A charitable reason is people are worried about what is coming, ie a recession, and the rapid increase in the household wealth of the bottom 20% is yesterday's news.

However, this does not explain why over a thousand vehicles and their drivers will congregate in Maryland to protest "covid restrictions" which are pretty much gone. Nor does it explain why 30% of the population refuses to believe that Covid vaccinations save lives, or that Ivermectin is ineffective for Covid, despite several scientifically studies that prove it.

It also doesn't explain why a large segment of the Russian population believes there are Nazis in the Ukraine
  • " People- Ignorant and Proud of It"
    I can attest to that statement. While driving through Houston @ 70 + MPH on a quite Sunday morning, I had to navigate a smoker ( grill ) & a coaster wagon in my lane of traffic.
    I guess the drivers didn't think to tie these items down !

Have a good week, Derf