Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• I agree that the market is very squirrelly right now, but I’m not of the mind to make sweeping wagers to get in (or out) of anything. With a few exceptions, my portfolio is leaning into the value camp, and I expect the pharmaceuticals, utilities and REITS to hold up pretty well as they did in the early turmoil. I do have great respect for this advisor though.
  • edited September 2022
    quite right. makes sense. my own plan was to buy and hold forever, until reality and some negative experiences taught me not to hold such a position anymore. now, i buy and hold... until the stock/fund or bond fund slides clearly in a southerly direction. (But bonds are a different sort of animal.) Let someone else own those losers. But I don't make many changes. My choices are high-conviction, after doing lots of homework.