Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

    Support MFO

  • Donate through PayPal

BAMBX’s current positioning?

edited September 17 in Fund Discussions
This is one segment of my alternative sleeve. Not disappointed in it, but considering shifting the $$ over time into more aggressive funds with the equity markets down so much this year.

Yahoo’s “holdings” added up to only about 30% with no explanation of what the other 70% was. So I found the list below at Fidelity. At least it appears to add up to 100% - but not very illuminating. Fido lists two rows of numbers. The row on the right side is shaded. I’m guessing that represents the average weighing within its peer class. Have added slash marks between rows for clarity.

For those who have followed the fund longer than I have, is the reported cash / bond exposure likely a temporary defensive position, or is this by and large a hedged income fund? What % exposure to equities or real assets (metals, real estate, etc.) would you expect this fund to maintain over longer periods?


BAMBX - Portfolio Weight (Multistrategy)

Cash & Equivalents 41.05% / 32.30%
0

Agency Mortgage-Backed 31.00% / 10.66%
0

Corporate Bond 24.60% / 13.89%
0

Convertible 1.91% / 3.42%
0

Asset-Backed 1.29% / 2.99%
0

Government 0.14% / 5.84%
0

Government Related0.01% / 26.71%
0

Bank Loan 0.00% / 1.33%
0

Commercial Mortgage-Backed 0.00% / 0.13%
0

Covered Bond 0.00% / 0.03%
0

Future/Forward 0.00% / 1.88%
0

Municipal Tax-Exempt 0.00% / 0.12%
0

Municipal Taxable 0.00% / 0.00%
0

Non-Agency Residential Mortgage-Backed 0.00% / 0.38%
0

Option/Warrant 0.00% / 0.02%
0

Preferred Stock 0.00% / 0.28%
0

Swap 0.00 / 0.01
0




LINK to BAMBX @ Fidelity https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/composition/09260C109?type=sq-NavBar

Comments

Sign In or Register to comment.