Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

RIP Independent Advisor for Vanguard and Fidelity Investor

I have subscribed to Dan Weiner's newsletter for years, although I have moved farther and farther away from Vanguard. I also used the Fidelity's news letters in the past.

Weiner was especially useful of the background politics and nuances of Vanguards manger selections and recent stumbles.

Unfortunately it appears that both Weiner and Jim Lovell on the Fidelity newsletter were both "Cancelled" by the parent website "Investorplace" Monday. There was no notice to subscribers although both indicate it has happened in their October newsletters.

In it's place I am being deluged with emails from crypto, options, "hot trader" and of course, good ol' Louise Navellier, in addition to about ten other newsletters.

After no response to my email and being unable to cancel online, I did get through to a live person who says they will cancel this stuff.

This is a rather shocking way to treat long term customers, especially people who have been long term subscribers. I am disappointed that in whatever deal Weiner and Lovell cut to get out and obviously sell their mailing list, they would not give us the courtesy of a "Thank you" and an opt out.

As they both got the axe at the same time, it may have been a done deal they were handed as take it or leave it.

Weiner's assistant, Jeff DeMaso has started a new Vanguard service independentvanguardadviser.com which is the same price but it is unclear whether Weiner will be in charge.

Just another loss for individual investors. I bet Vanguard is glad to see him go.

Comments