Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

what's weirder: MJIN is liquidating or MJ is not?

The safest bet in the investing universe is investing in ETFMG 2X Daily Inverse Alternative Harvest ETF (MJIN), up 37% YTD. It is supposed to return twice the inverse of the ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF (MJ, as in "Mary Jane"). MJ is in the midst of its fifth consecutive year of double-digit losses, and still has $380 million in AUM.

MJIN is up 80% since its 2021 launch, but has under $1 million in AUM. So, it's dead. MJ is down 67% since its launch seven years ago, and yet zombies on.

Weird.

Comments

• I understand MJ might have that effect on some people. Guess that it might apply to investing as well.
  • Now that you mention it I recall taking a flyer in MJ a couple of years ago. Went in, kept it a month or so, did real good, got out. Haven't given it a thought since then.
  • I made a little money on MSOS but sold it months ago. Good thing. Even with recent pop with Biden announcement it is still underwater